Moving can be very hectic, but if you plan ahead it can be considerably less so. Be sure to do all the "little things" so that nothing gets lost in the shuffle.
- Make sure you keep all of your housing documents and keys together, and more importantly, somewhere you can find them. You may be looking at them often.
- If renting, make sure to give your landlord 30-days notice in writing.
- Plan and organise in advance for your move, carefully marking fragile items.
- Get rid of all the stuff you do not need. You are moving into a brand new home! Plan a yard sale, and hire a moving company to haul whatever is left.
- Set-up phone, cable, gas, and electric installation services for your new home in advance.
- Go to the Post Office and complete the appropriate form to have your mail forwarded.
- At this time, you should also notify your family, friends, doctors, as well as your accountant, bank, insurance, and credit card companies that you are moving. Don't forget to change the address on all newspapers and magazines.
- Have someone available to watch your pets.
- Take a deep breath… and take another.
- Get ready for the move into your new Abode New Home.
We have an awesome house thanks to awesome people and we moved in 8 weeks early!" Alison & Scott
You can tell a good builder by the after sales service... yours has been great!" Lee & Kathy
Our house started at the same time as our neighbour. We have had a dream run, moved in early and would build with Abode again. Our neighbour doesn't have the same feelings for their builder." Sharon